People and Performance Consulting Pty Ltd
We are committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (C’th) (Act).This policy sets out how we collect, use, manage and store your personal information.
1. What is personal information?
1.1 ‘Personal information’ is defined in the Act. Essentially, it means information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you (whether true or not) and may also include sensitive information.
1.2 ‘Sensitive information’ is any information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional, or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information. We will not ask you to disclose sensitive information unless it is necessary for providing our services to you. However, if you elect to provide unsolicited sensitive information it may be captured and stored.
- What personal information we collect
2.1 The kinds of personal information that we collect, or hold may include your:
- contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone numbers)
- payment information (including credit card details)
- 3. How we collect personal information
3.1 We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in the course of conducting our services
- correspondence and telephone calls
- booking of our services on-line
- if you provide us with your business card at a function or event
- if you contact us in person or through social media (such as LinkedIn and Facebook)
- when you purchase a product through our credit card payment facility
- from publicly available sources of information
- Purposes of collection, use and disclosure
4.1 We collect, use and disclose personal information for the purpose of conducting our operations and providing our services, which include:
- identifying, creating and providing services to our clients
- establishing user/customer accounts for clients accessing and/or using services, directories or information provided by us through our website
- verifying your identity when you deal with us
4.2 We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information:
- for purposes which should be reasonably expected by you and are related to the above purposes;
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law
4.3 We may disclose personal information as follows for the above purposes:
- to outsourced service providers who assist us in the delivery of some of the services you receive, by providing functions such as:
- mailing systems
- information technology services
- payment processing
- where you otherwise provide your consent, whether express or implied
- where otherwise required or permitted by law
- Overseas disclosure
Some of the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information may operate globally and be located or based outside Australia (including the USA) so that they can provide us with services in connection with the operation of our business, such as marketing services, survey tools and data storage. The use of such third-party providers, where appropriate, may nevertheless be subject to further internal policies and protocols to better ensure that your privacy is protected.
6.1 Cookies are pieces of information that People and Performance Consulting’s website transfers to your computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. We use them in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience (e.g. how much time spend on which pages, which links users choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
6.2 The data that we collect include a device’s IP address (processed during your session and stored in a de-identified form), device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers), browser information, geographic location (country only), and the preferred language used to display our website. Our tools store this information on our behalf in a pseudonymized user profile and they are contractually forbidden to sell any of the data collected on our behalf.
- Storage and security of personal information
7.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is secure and may only be accessed by authorised persons.
7.3 We will retain personal information of former clients in accordance with law and this Policy for a period of at least 7 years from the date that they cease to be a client.
- Access and correction
8.1 We strive to keep accurate, complete and up-to-date records of the personal information we collect, so far as practical. Accuracy depends on the information provided to us.
8.2 You have a right to seek access to your personal information held by us and that right extends to correction of the information if it is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete. To seek access to your personal information, please contact us through our web page.
8.5 All requests for access and/or correction of personal information are subject to verification of the identity of the person making the request.
- Questions and complaints
If you have any questions in relation to how we handle personal information, or wish to lodge a complaint about our management of personal information or a request for access to or correction of your personal information, please contact us through the “contact us” page on our website.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Mail addressed to:
People and Performance Consulting Pty Ltd
PO Box 284
Mount Gravatt Plaza 4122
We will co-ordinate the investigation of any complaint and any potential resolution of a complaint. We will aim to resolve all complaints as soon as practicable.
- Changes to this Policy
Last updated: November 2021